• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosize text in Ai after a new .CSV file has been uploaded. Not the text box but the text itself

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way that I can have Ai auto size text when I upload a new variable .CSV file into Ai. Or do I need to go in and resize all the text?

For example if I am making an ID card and I have a name Josh Jones and it fits perfectly on my ID card but then I have another name like Josh Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is there anyway that Ai can auto downsize the name to fix my text box when I upload my .CSV file for my variables. I do not want to increase my text box size, I just want to auto size the text itself while in the text box.

Thank you reading and for your help!

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Sync and storage , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

@Tlineberger01 wrote on June 21:

Is there a way that I can have Ai auto size text when I upload a new variable .CSV file into Ai. Or do I need to go in and resize all the text?

No, sorry, Illustrator won't auto-size the text to fit the frame. (Excel can do that.)

You can, however, use the Selection tool and select multiple frames if that helps at all. Apologies for the two-day delay.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tlineberger01 wrote on June 21:

No, sorry, Illustrator won't auto-size the text to fit the frame. (Excel can do that.)

You can, however, use the Selection tool and select multiple frames if that helps at all. Apologies for the two-day delay.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, can you share at least one sample Illustrator file for inspection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines