• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch remove "create acrobat layers from top level layers"

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have hundreds of files that I just discovered have the "create acrobat layers from top level layers" option on, causing hidden layers to show up when clients open the files. Resaving each file is extremely tedious, however when I try to use Actions it saves every file as the file used to make the action's name.

Is there a way to batch remove this option from multiple files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Which applications are your clients using to examine the files?

Which version of Acrobat are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC 2021

The layers show up in a few document readers, mostly print previews
--

Aliza Kleinman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried  using "Save a copy" from the file menu when recording the action ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it still saves each file as the same name 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat Pro you may consider to set up a simple correction routine (preflight) that will delete all hidden layers and flatten the remaining visible layers.

This preflight can also be executed as a Batch process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We like to keep the layers for editing purposes, but if I can't figure out another solution I might just use this and make separate versions of the files for the clients.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. There's the new command in Layers panel to "Delete Hidden Layers". Really need a way to batch this though. Is there any way to target this using an action or a script? It's a newer function so I can't find the scripting command.

When I try to record it from actions it just does a "show" layer properties type thing. It's not a top menu item so I can't seem to find it using the action panel search.

If there's a way to trigger that item via script would be awesome. Then an action could be recorded that would trigger the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use batch from teh cations flyout menu then check this setting.

MikeGondek_0-1629139809459.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines