• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blend colors, not the shapes

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, would it be possible in illustrator to blend the colors of two shapes (A) but not the shapes itself? (without rebuilding the shapes )

In illustrator I keep getting result B but what i want is result C (done in photoshop with gaussian blur)Layer 6 kopiëren.jpg

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

If you don't want to lose the shapes as separate objects, you can group them and add the gradient using the Appearance panel.

2022-06-29_11-10-20.png

1. Create the needed gradient (you can do it any moment by I prefer to prepare it before the Appearance changing). Add it to Swatches.

2. Group the shapes.

3. In the Appearance panel add the new Fill.

4. Choose the gradient in the Fill swatches box.

2022-06-29_11-16-23.png

You can create and apply the gradient even without preliminary creating the swatch, just open the Gradient panel when the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean create a gradient?

First these shapes would need to be united, then a gradient applied. Probably by using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, yes a gradient between those two colors, i am looking for an easy way to do this because i need to do this for a lot of those coupled shaped, each with different colors and different sizes.

How would you handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with shape builder tool, unite the two shapes as one object, then make a gradient with 2 colors

dont use blend tool is for blenging shape and color with specific steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Manal for pointing that out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to lose the shapes as separate objects, you can group them and add the gradient using the Appearance panel.

2022-06-29_11-10-20.png

1. Create the needed gradient (you can do it any moment by I prefer to prepare it before the Appearance changing). Add it to Swatches.

2. Group the shapes.

3. In the Appearance panel add the new Fill.

4. Choose the gradient in the Fill swatches box.

2022-06-29_11-16-23.png

You can create and apply the gradient even without preliminary creating the swatch, just open the Gradient panel when the new fill is selected and adjust it as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anna, i guess i was hoping for something simpler but this will do, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's just as simple as blending 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines