• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blender tool not working well

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I select both the offset shapes, head to Object > Blend > Make, I obtain this result which is undesired (ideally, the text/object should have black borders, without the white "part"). I've been trying to follow this tutorial (https://youtu.be/Rt15_OclsyI).

That being said, there is no 'Properties panel', it doesn't show up if I reset the workspace 'Essentials' nor does it appear in the Window list.

Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blend is not a good way to make this kind of effect (and neither is the transform effect), because both create far too many objects, which will be an issue when printing, cutting or when exporting as SVG.

There are plugins to make this (opo as well as Stylism)

And you can make it like this: https://www.vektorgarten.de/long-shadows-with-illustrator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That being said, there is no 'Properties panel', it doesn't show up if I reset the workspace 'Essentials' nor does it appear in the Window list.

That sounds like you may be using a version of Illustrator from before the Properties panel was introduced. Is your installation up to date? If it is, you may need to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines