Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding box disappears while moving objects in Illustrator

Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem where the bounding box (blue highlight) disappears, ONLY when moving an object – it's there when I select the object but when I drag it it disappears. This has just started happening and I'm sure I've accidentally hit the wrong keyboard shortcut somewhere along the line but I can't work out how to fix the issue.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

That is called Real Time Drawing & Editing.

The bounding box has been always hidden when moved.

What you probably mean (I guess) is that the object edges are hidden.

Turn off Real Time Drawing & Editing or GPU preview to get the edges back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Yes, I did indeed mean the object edges

Turning off Real Time Drawing & Editing has got my edges back (which I find useful), Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with it now and yes after de-selecting the "real time..." BS feature, the bounding box is visible when actually moving an object which is what is really useful when creating precise artwork for print production

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are mistaking the bounding box with the object's outline. 
By turning Real-time drawing and editing, you get to see the outline of the object only.
Bounding box is still missing. Here is what I mean:

Animandic_0-1679564657704.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By turning Real-Time drawing and editing on I no longer see etither the Bounding box or the outline when moving an object. Totally useless feature when working with precise artwork for print production especially for very expensive projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally useless feature when working with precise artwork for print production especially for very expensive projects.

By @iD3Z1GN

Not everyone does precise artwork all the time (or at all). People have been asking for the feature for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ton Frederiks Thank you for that answer! It's been driving me crazy not to be able to line-up objects, especially on corners.

BTW, the bounding box has NOT always been hidden when moved. The center handles are often used for line-ups in more technical work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines