• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

break apart in illustrator?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any option in illustrator like corel's "break apart" to seperate a text into words or letters?
How can we do it in illustrator?
Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...basically same thing lightboxhero said 3 years ago in post # 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT the best way since it's not editable as text anymore. never outline in the ai file. I hate those people.

Flatten transparency is the best way. Then you can convert back to point type if needed by double clicking the open circle on the left of the text box to turn it back to a solid circle. Point type doesn't create weird line breaks when the size is manipulated, retaining the point size. Area type, the original form, will make the size editable when the box is manipulated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I came across this when searching for the answer myself.  I copied the list of text (which, in my case, had each word on its own line) and I copied it into Microsoft Excel.  Then I pasted into Illustrator normally and each word was it's own piece of text.  The only thing I had to do was remove the lines outside the words, using the "group" selection tool with the "+" by the arrow.  No plugin or script necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick! I wanted to separate a few lines of text inside a single text box, this resolved it without converting the text to curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text using "Selection Tool" and then "Right click" on the text then select the option "Create Outlines". This will break the the text in to individual Alphabets and outline them. Then Select the alphabet using the "Direct Selection Tool" by clicking the desired alphabet in the middle to select the whole and made modification as per your requirements!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazingly elliptical thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a feature, Corel Draw Introduced this feature thousands of years ago, but we are unable to get this illustrator in CC2018.

So Which One is Industry Standard Software?. There are lots of features that are unavailable in Illustrator

R&D Team Please Take into the consideration.

Match All the features that Corel Has But Illustrator Dont Have

Give User more freedom. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thriveadvertising  schrieb

Match All the features that Corel Has But Illustrator Dont Have

Give User more freedom. Thanks

Please detail the functionality you would like to have in Illustrator over there: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

To even be considered, you really should describe as detailed as possible what you want to have, in which way it should work and how this would help you in your workflows.

People can vote on the features. To gather more votes, this needs to be clear, because not everyone knows CorelDraw, but might need the feature as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash has a break apart function as well.

Im with team " Create outlines, Ungroup "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(murat)  wrote

Is there any option in illustrator like corel's "break apart" to seperate a text into words or letters?
How can we do it in illustrator?

Although this thread is almost ten years old, I am going to answer "no" after reading how "Break Apart" works in CorelDRAW.

This is copied from a thread on the CorelDRAW community. Also, please note that CorelDRAW is the correct spelling of the software.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Break Apart (Ctrl+K) works like this with text:

First time it breaks paragraphs apart (Paragraph text only).
Next time it breaks lines apart.
Again, and words will be sepearated,
and finally it breaks into separate characters.

Note that you can only select one text object and use Ctrl+K, so if you want to break up several separated lines to words, you have to do it one by one.

If you just want to get rid of a single character in a text I suggest you use the text tool and delete that character instead. Create a copy first and then delete all the other characters from that copy, if you want to keep it all but have one single character separated without breaking up the rest.

Problem with break apart letters and lines - CorelDRAW X4 - CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 - CorelDRAW ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For latest Adobe Illustrator as of June 2019

1. Got to selection tool (v)

2. Click the text you are looking to separate into letter

3. Click the dropdown menu for "type"

4. Click create outlines

5. Voila! You have now separated your word into individual selectable letters in a group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
True, but it transform the text into vectors. We can no longer edit the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines