• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can pattern swatches follow Artboard rulers?

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

When using patterns as backgrounds, I want them to be in the exact same place on each Artboard but it would seem they follow global rulers when being reset (ie. clicking the pattern swatch).

I appreciate I can maintain consistency by pasting in place with 'Transform Both' selected, but I would like to speed up the process by selecting 'Same Fill Colour' and do the lot with one click.

Any help here would be excellent.

Cheers 

TOPICS
Feature request , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

when the object with pattern is ready, convert it to Symbol ( drag it to the symbol library )

then paste the symbol on other artboards, when you edit the pattern now, it will remain in the same position on all artboards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the object with pattern is ready, convert it to Symbol ( drag it to the symbol library )

then paste the symbol on other artboards, when you edit the pattern now, it will remain in the same position on all artboards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mohammad, that will do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines