• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access my AI at all.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the major update last week and saw another update notice this morning.  I updated Illustrator and then tried to open it.  The interface never shows up.  I've tried opening from desktop, creative cloud, and individual files.  I've restarted my computer and am now trying to uninstall but the program is running and won't let me uninstall.  Running on Windows 10 Pro.  Is there a work around for this?  I'd like to get back to work.  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally resolved:
Cold reboot, then uninstalled AI.  Restart. Try to open AI.  Fail.  Run diagnositics, at launch.  Files open, will update further if needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does "files open" mean AI launched for you after the reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, files open after reinstall.  I would restart your PC before you try to install your AI and after you install AI.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It showed up this morning prior to doing the latest upgrade and afterwards, even with a computer restart. Creative Cloud diagnostics did not help, it failed to launch, too. Photoshop launches OK, though. Win10Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up:
I'm having to uninstall my AI and then re-installing it every morning before I can continue working on my projects.  I hope there will be a fix coming soon.  This is time consuming.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This is has been reported by a few other users as well, and it was found due to the conflict with Trend Micro Antivirus.

Do you have this Anti-Virus installed on your machine? If yes, please make sure that Illustrator is added as an exception in the app settings. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  My company just installed this on my computer about 2 weeks before the update.  I will make the appropriate changes and try the update again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me please? I have the same problem and tried every single thing in the book and it doesn't work. I don't have Trend Micro Antivirus (I use Windows Defender and added Illustrator to the exceptions list and disabled the antivirus all together but it didn't work). Illustrator just won't open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nelbermendes,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

Also, you may try the following steps:

• 1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application
    2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R
    3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch
    4. Click Continue and wait for a few seconds
    5. Launch Illustrator
  • Uninstall the app using the CC Cleaner Tool. Next, restart the PC (most important), then re-install the app using the Creative Cloud Desktop app & launch it from there.
  • Create a new user account

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines