• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete a path from the path below

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Illustrator.  I'm making a logo for someone and need to provide them with just the outline with no fill.  I cannot figure out how to delete the white fill paths from the black paths behind it.  I have been in pathfinder and it either tells me there's no intersecting paths or it deletes everything... the white and black.  I've tried using different layers or having it all in the same layer.  Tried grouping and ungrouping, expanding...  Please help.  I just want the white paths to be transparent on the black so the background color or transparency grid will show through the black where the white paths are.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Use the Shapebuilder Tool (Shift + M). If you select all the parts, then hold down the Alt key while hovering whichever parts you want to remove. They'll highlight, so you know which part is being targeted. Then click on those parts to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge and over to the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Shapebuilder Tool (Shift + M). If you select all the parts, then hold down the Alt key while hovering whichever parts you want to remove. They'll highlight, so you know which part is being targeted. Then click on those parts to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines