• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export ai from adobe stock as transparency

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a series of transparent ai files from Adobe Stock. I open them in illustrator and save them as pings, but the checkerboard pattern shows up in the png instead of it being transparent. Here's an example of such a file.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I don't know my way around illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

In both of the samples you showed, the fake transparency grid is the bottom-most group in the file. Turn off or delete that group, and you will have the transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amelior,

Is it showing up like that in the target application (otherwise I believe it is just a way of showing that there is transparency)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The checkerboard is a group of objects in the file.

You will need to delete it or hide it.

Use the layers panel to inspect files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responses. I went through and tried deleting layers, but I could never get to full transparency. I have the same problem with files created by other authors, like this one. I export them to a png, and they are not transparent when they get to InDesign, Photoshop, or a pdf. They all show the checkerboard in the final output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as we don't see the exported PNG or what exactly you export from Photoshop or InDesign or what else you build there, it's impossible to solve.

BTW: why do you export a PNG to place in InDesign or open in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both of the samples you showed, the fake transparency grid is the bottom-most group in the file. Turn off or delete that group, and you will have the transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am really struggling with the same issue. I am not versed in Illustrator, but I have used it successfully (this feels like its in my wheel-house, lol). Please see this .ai vector from Adobe Stock. If you delete the checkered pattern, there are design elements revealed and the exported file looks like the second image. I am at a loss, it seems like the checkered pattern covers the "mechanics", but how do I just get the gold triangle out clean??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not possible.

These files are made so that you can replace the background inside Illustrator. Exporting them as transparent is not intended.

Please watch my explanation video: https://youtu.be/Tiqm5hdQA5A

Due to stock companies' ancient file requirements, clip arts with glow effects might be a daunting experience. About this channel: My name is Monika Gause and on this channel I'll be showing tipps and tricks on Adobe Illustrator and other graphics applications. For more than 10 years I've been ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines