Can't save .ai ' I/O error'

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Latest version of Illustrator

Hi,

I'd be grateful for some urgent help...

Illustrator has suddenly stopped allowing me to save any file, big or small and gives me the error message 'A file I/O error has occurred'.

Other threads suggest it is a memory issues but I have planty of space on both my hard drive and the 2nd drive I use for OneDrive storage. I have tried saving a file to both but ge the same error message.

It started with a 4.4mb file (which has 8 linked photos and a bit of text) that saved OK several times up until about 5pm last night. So I tried creating a new blank document with just a black square and that won't save either.

The file saves fine to CC but then I can't directly place it from there into the InDesign magazine I'm designing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator twice once with, and once without saving preferences but no change (gutted now to have unnecessarily lost my preferences)

Switched off PC last night and problem persists after restart.

Only change is that I updated Indesign and Photoshop before this happened but I'm hoping to find a solution before going through rolling back a version on those as I have been working on the magazine in the latest version of InDesign.

If you have read this far, thank you, I just wanted to give as much info as possible.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would suggest you try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/please-help-quot-a-file-i-o-error-has-occurre...) and let us know if you still need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines