• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. We've upgraded to Illustrator CC recently and when trying to re-save an .eps file to our server we get the following message: "Can't save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000." This occurs even though my administartor has granted me full access and privileges, and only happens to Illustrator EPS files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

New Here , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

I know OP was in 2014 but I thought a clearer answer was needed (and I also came across this issue in 2018...)

Permissions on my blank templates folder had no admin and had everyone set to read-only.

the solution i came up with is as follows.

Two options are:

Changing EVERYONE to read and write

Add ADMIN to have read and write and keep EVERYONE read-only

IMHO it is an error when the installer made or edited these folders. But seems like it is easily fixed.

If you cannot find the template folder, you ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

To fix this, I attempted to access the folder for templates directory, but could not find a way on the latest Mac OS. Instead, I remembered a setting for full disk access. Simply go to security and privacy and click the privacy tab. Then in the left hand column is a list of apps and other stuff. Scroll down until you see a folder icon labeled "Full Disk Access". Click it. On the right side you can select programs that have requested full access. I turned it off previously. Click the checkbox for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hey guys. I'm using a mac and also had this annoying warning message pop up every time I tried to save or export 'not enough access privileges' 

After ages clicking around on illustrator I figured out a way that seems to fix it. 

First step go to file and click file info near the bottom. 

IMG_20200521_204657.jpg

Next step, at the bottom you will see preferences and a drop down bar next to it, click on that and click on export and then click OK. 

IMG_20200521_204756.jpg

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it seems to have fixed the pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Hi there, I just had help from apple to see what the issue was.

Very simple fix.

Go to System Preferences
Security & Privacy

Full Disk Access

I found that my software, creative suite, indesign, illustrator, photoshop were all unticked. 
After ticking, quiting and opening up back the software, I had full access again.

I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

So I have just had the same problem.  Get an external Hard drive. Clean up your desktop and download everything.  Empty your trash to free up space.  Easy Peasy nice and Cheesy. I was able to save and no -5000 showed up.  I have a Lacie 3T it is totally worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UngerGlobal

It is recommended to save to own harddisk, then copy to server. All sorts of things may happen or not happen when you try to save to a server.

In this particualr case, you may try to make sure that your access to the server is not limited to Read Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. If I log in to a user that does not have Admin rights the error disappears.

Jacob, did you even read the first post. Save to the local drive? Errrrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the Mac client or some of Adobe products are not handling SMB files share on Mac servers under 10.9.4 If I log into a share using AFP the problem goes away, not surprising. Under Finder select GO/Connect to server then enter this into the dialog afp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX you need to know the IP address of your server of course which you would replace the X's with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to save as AI or PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having the same problem and my son gave me this heads up: I was saving that particular document Illustrator CC 2014 to the Macintosh disk top level. I got that same awful message...not enough access privileges...and when I dragged a copy of that file to Documents, desktop or any folder really, it made a copy there and I could modify, save etc., without a problem. DON'T save your document "naked" to the top hierarchy. I then deleted the original offending document and used a copy without problems.

Yay, one problem solved. Thanks Buddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was because the external hard drive's setting was switched to read only. As soon as I changed it I could save my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem saving an ai file as a Template- and I'm the Administrator!

may be another bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

runninghead_design  schrieb

and I'm the Administrator!

Has nothing to do with it.

You can be the Admin and still have no access to some volumes or folders if your access privileges are messed up. This especially happens with networked volumes or with public folders. So you will need to check your access privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As admin I had no problem granting myself privileges to all relevant directories but the resolve was to manually drag the saved Template file in to the Templates folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it's to do with inherited folder permissions on a mac. I have no such problems on PC, but right now (on a mac) I am.

Looking at the permissions for the Templates folder ( /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2018/Cool Extras.localized/en_US/Templates ...apparently, on this machine ), it makes sense. Opening up the permissions fixed the problem (maybe a dirty fix though, since I just R&W-ed "everyone").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know OP was in 2014 but I thought a clearer answer was needed (and I also came across this issue in 2018...)

Permissions on my blank templates folder had no admin and had everyone set to read-only.

the solution i came up with is as follows.

Two options are:

Changing EVERYONE to read and write

Add ADMIN to have read and write and keep EVERYONE read-only

IMHO it is an error when the installer made or edited these folders. But seems like it is easily fixed.

If you cannot find the template folder, you can see it in the image below... at least for the current version.

Felixius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks so very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. It seems a related—but not identical—bug to the OP's. Are you on Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC workaround for me:

I saved the file to the desktop and then moved it in Finder to the correct folder where I got prompted to "Authenticate". Worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too but when I open illustrator and go to saved templates, nothing is there 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea the changing everyone to read and write thing doesn't work, I am going to try dragging it over. and its 2019 a ongoing issue since 2014 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2019 and I'm also having the "Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000" issue. I use illustrator to draw and I was drawing and I went to hit save and it said "Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000" and I went to look up solutions to fix this and I stumbled upon your solution and did what you said and it didn't work. Is there a way where you can try to help me out, please???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Its 2019 and I'm also having the "Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000" issue. I use illustrator to draw and I was drawing and I went to hit save and it said "Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000" and I went to look up solutions to fix this and I stumbled upon your solution and did what you said and it didn't work. Is there a way where you can try to help me out, please???"

And you are on which system and which version?

Did it ever work?

Is a printer connected and turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll post a reply to OP if I can but I know the way to fix this here in 2019. Your solution led to resolving my issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this, I attempted to access the folder for templates directory, but could not find a way on the latest Mac OS. Instead, I remembered a setting for full disk access. Simply go to security and privacy and click the privacy tab. Then in the left hand column is a list of apps and other stuff. Scroll down until you see a folder icon labeled "Full Disk Access". Click it. On the right side you can select programs that have requested full access. I turned it off previously. Click the checkbox for the Adobe option and save. Viola! Happy Illustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! None of the other answers worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines