• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select image/object

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to resize the whole object and so I tried selecting it with the white arrow but it wouldn't select!  Everytime I do so, it only shows "path". Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the black selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too but can't. It will only select those small little objects but not the whole image whenever I use the white/black selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to show us what it is you're selecting, describe what you expect to happen and what happens instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. So I want to resize this whole image (as shown in the first screenshot) and so I used the white selection tool to select the whole image (just like what I've been doing). This time round I selected the whole image again but I couldn't and just yesterday, I was able to do it with no problems at all. The second screenshot is what appears to be selected, instead of the whole image. 

Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (6).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean it's not possible to select anything on that image except those paths?

If you drag a marquee selection over the whole thing, that's all it is possible to select?

Can you show the layers panel with layers and that object expanded please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Select All from the Select menu change anything. Or you could use View>Show/Hide Bounding Box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out the issue on my end. As some others described, it has to do with image size. However, I realized that for me, my document was actually incorrectly sized. It was too small. And so the images weren't being selected normally. So, perhaps check the size of your document and make sure that it is correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines