• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot bind a variable to an image object

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to generate documents where the text and an image will be parsed from a spreadsheet. Gotten so far as to import my datasets (with Silly-V's script if that makes any difference), and the text variable is bound to the correct text object. The image variable, however, cannot be bound to my image. I made sure it was a placed (linked) image, but the "make object dynamic" button is grayed out when I try to bind it to the image variable.  I also tried to do it through the VariableImporter script (Bind by name), and it didn't "find" the image when I tested. I have tried with other images, other formats, still no luck.

What can I be doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Answering myself in case anyone runs into the same problem: I was trying to use .svg images, which aparently cannot be linked, they're automatically imported. converted them all to eps and it's now working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering myself in case anyone runs into the same problem: I was trying to use .svg images, which aparently cannot be linked, they're automatically imported. converted them all to eps and it's now working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem - tried jpg, png, eps, ai and a bunch of other things as well. Texts allow me to link them, but the images I place refuse to. What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mornlite, could you fix it? I'm having the same problem. Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the place dialog box, make sure to select "Link" as shown in the picture. That will ensure the "Make object dynamic" isnt greyed out

link example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ensured I have my png image files linked but still, the Make Object Dynamic is greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me the object that you are binding cannot be in a group. so select everything and ungroup the object, select all items then press cmd+shift+G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Make object dynamic" button is grayed to solve this problem.
make sure you don't do Capy Past the image, To import an image, follow these steps:

Click on "File"
Select "Place"
Alternatively, you can use the shortcut Shift + Ctrl + P

After importing the image try to bind it to the image variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines