Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot drag into or Place a jpg image into Ai v28.1 unknown error. [PARM]

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUG ALERT?

Cannot manually drag from finder into an existing document, it automatically opens the jpg image in a new document and renders it at 12% of actual size (every time).

Nothing wrong with images, they are basic JPG b&w scans I made from my canoscan LIDE 400. 

Some of the scanned JPGs work fine (about 1/3rd of them. ) even though I have scanned them all using the exact same settings and methods. 

This started after updating to latest Ai 28.1

Using ventura 13.6.1 Mac studio M1 chip. 32 G ram

Attempt to drag or place some files results in this error message (attached)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not trying to drag them into a locked layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not dragging them into a locked layer. I ended up having to revert to the last version of illustrator since i need to place images all the time. It works fine in version 28.0 no problems with image placement there.  I'll wait till they fix this issue to update to latest version.(28.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @furzle,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to update the macOS (https://adobe.ly/41Lu9Yy) and Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/3Sc6jC9) to the latest version and checking if it helps?

Also, try enabling Full Disk Access for Illustrator under macOS preferences (https://adobe.ly/41JzYpg) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try all these things thank you, no difference. I am updated to latest adobe Ai version now, and I'm in sonoma 14.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @furzle,

Would you mind sharing some more details, like the folder location where your files are saved, and a screen recording of the entire workflow including the problem (https://adobe.ly/3VT0go1), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still suffering from this problem. here is what happens when i try to PLACE a jpg I scanned in using a canon lide400: error messages. cannot place. 

When I manually DRAG into illustrator, it opens it in a NEW document, (not the one I drag it into) and renders it at 12% of actual size. WHY!!??? anyone??? adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem. I am now running sonoma 14.6 on a studio m1 chip. Using a canoscan Lide 400to create a scan with image capture. nothing strange there. scan saves as a jpg in B+W at 6000ppi resolution. nice an big! then i either drag into drag or try to "place" in illustrator cc, latest version as of Aug 2024.  When i drag (and yes, The layer, file is unlocked, visible and ready to recieve) instead of opening it in the file like it used to do...it opens it up in a BRAND NEW DOCUMENT, and at 12% of original size. every time. When I try to place instead of dragging, i get the PARM error.( see above). WHY? Is there anything I can do? I'm needing to open scans all day for image trace. This takes so much time to re-enlarge each jpg to it's 100% size. and then copy it into the doc i wanted it in in the first place. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 12% size is the result of your 600 ppi resolution setting.

If you open the file in Photoshop or Apple Preview and change the resolution without resampling to 72 ppi it will show 100% when placed in Illustrator.

Are the bitmap images or greyscale?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines