Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot generate a mockup

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have just installed the trial version of Adobe Illustrator to use the mockup feature. 

I have followed the steps but I cannot find the 'make' button to generate the mockup with my images. 

Can someone please advise how to make a mockup?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Experiment , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom image needs to be a raster image.

Top artwork needs to be a vector artwork, which I do not think is the case in yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, 

Thanks for your swift response. Can you provide info on how to achieve raster & vactor images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A raster image is just a photo you place, that's fine in your case.

A vector image needs to be drawn in Illustrator using the pen tool or the shape tools or other tools. You can also try and use Window > Image Trace to automatically draw your existing image. This might or might not work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika. 

I have applied image trace to the artwork and it has changed to black and white. I would like to keep the colour of this artwork when applying the mockup feature. How can this be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've changed the settings of the image trace to colour. 

I have applied a mockup, but it does not seem to be working. 

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 14.14.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is white in your vector artwork, it will stay white. You would have to delete the white shapes in order to get rid of them.

That thing in the background - is that a carpet? It's flat, so the Mockup function doesn't find anything to do. The most important part in the Mockup function is to figure out distortion and perspective. It will not do shading or material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the texture of the rug (background image) to be seen on the disc. How can this be achieved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a copy of the rug file. Then edit that in Photoshop. Make it much lighter and make it grayscale. Overlay it in Illutrator and set it to "Multiply" in the transparency panel. All you need is an impression of the texture, so that should do. It will not be very realistic. For a more realistiv option, you would use Photoshop. 

Probably ask in the Photoshop forum about the procedure: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tomar388448645rzu even if you created this pattern into Photoshop and back into the 'mockup' of Illustrator, you won't be able to use any raster images (pictures) because Illustrator cannot do this

mpchow_0-1722117888799.png

• Elements such as mesh, graph, gradient mesh, freeform gradient, placed art, non-native art, raster, or raster effects aren't supported as mockup art. For unsupported elements, Object > Mockup > Preview Mockup / Create Mockup will be greyed out or a warning message will appear indicating that Mockup will lead to an appearance mismatch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mpchow  schrieb:

@Tomar388448645rzu even if you created this pattern into Photoshop and back into the 'mockup' of Illustrator, you won't be able to use any raster images (pictures) because Illustrator cannot do this

Please read my first answer in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines