• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant find illustrator data recovery file.

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i have turned on data recovery in illustrator and created a folder to link the files to - adobe - autoback illustrator.

every time my computer crashes, and i go into the folder to locate the recovered file, nothing appears to be saved in there.

Ive un ticked the hidden box and still nothing. ive gone into users and app data and illustrator for data recovery and still nothing.

Is there another place/folder this could have been located and sent to? instead of the folder i created myself at the start? ive lost a lot of work and need it back ASAP.

The illustrator data recovery has been and still is ticked on - so it must be saved somewhere!

please help!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

The data recovery doesn't do what you expect it to do.

The data recovery might or might not save your artwork successfully. When after a crash you restart Illustrator, it tries to recover your artwork from the recovery file (which is not a default Illustrator file). If that fails, you might already be in trouble. If you abort this, you are for sure in trouble.

What you might want to use instead of data recovery is the plugin Autosaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The data recovery doesn't do what you expect it to do.

The data recovery might or might not save your artwork successfully. When after a crash you restart Illustrator, it tries to recover your artwork from the recovery file (which is not a default Illustrator file). If that fails, you might already be in trouble. If you abort this, you are for sure in trouble.

What you might want to use instead of data recovery is the plugin Autosaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

The data recovery feature is very well explained above by Monika. It does not work as you have expected. Here's the link which explains it in detail: How to recover file data after a crash in Illustrator

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same issue with Illustrator. Every time I use it, there's a high risk of crashing, resulting in hours of lost work. Despite running this expensive app on a $20,000 computer that's always up to date, the application still crashes unexpectedly.

Even though I have recovery mode enabled, no files are recovered. Illustrator crashes even with simple design tasks. After more than 15 years of working with Illustrator, I can say it has never improved in this regard.
Adobe Illustrator is simply unreliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version, which system?

When does it crash? Is it always the same operation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines