Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color of pattern brush

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create a seamless pattern brush in Illustrator with a black stroke and one fill colour. I want the ability to change the fill colour (while always keeping the stroke black) on the brush without having to create a new brush for each colour. I've tested with tint and shade, but I want the fill colour to be exactly as selected, not "variants" of the chosen colour. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

(The black stroke is 100% black and everything is in CMYK.)

Ellen

brush.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would using 2 pattern brushes be an option?

You need an invisible rectangle in the background of each of them: https://youtu.be/dgY0i8KRHHc

You can make a graphic style for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you very much for the answer. This sounds like an idea I will try out. It might be some work since I need to make many brushes, but it could be a solution. Thank again! Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! Thank you for this interesting problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork do the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Thank you for the answer. I will try this suggestion and see if it works for me. Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got this to work with need 2 pattern brush at the PATH level, one for white the other for color. You will also need to group this and add a black stroke.

You can tint the top yellow pattern brush, but the white need to stay white 1005 transparent so the strokes do not show through the tint.

Screen Shot 2024-05-31 at 8.08.37 AM.jpg

Then group this and assign stroke at the GROUP level.

Mike_Gondek_0-1717161168865.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines