• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change default preset setting art board unit from points to pixel or inch

Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's just me, but I have never used Points as unit in the 20+ years I have been using illustrator.

I use Inches. occationally i get documents in CM and now a days I often work in Pixels. But Never Points. (save for Font size)

It would be nice if we could change the default unit for the print tab.

TOPICS
Feature request , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christophe22259004budn  schrieb:

I did edit the Print.ai file, 

Which one do you edit?

Should be the one in your Application support folder in your user folder.

Not the one in the application folder in the Support files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I firstly did the one in Application support folder. Useless.
I'm on Windows, the folder is :
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 28 Settings\en_US\x64\New Document Profiles

I then tried the other one in Support files. Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those presets display millimetres because that's the setting in those document profiles. This is how Illustrator is supposed to work. If you can't edit those document profiles, or you can but the window still shows a different unit, there is some bug that needs to be resolved with your installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you at least I'm now sure I did what I was supposed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read this whole thread, and as a UX person, I fully agree this should be an option you can change in the preferences, so that it's your default, application-wide. I also struggle with this and right now somwhow my artboards are in pts and I never use them. Nor do I ever hyphenate and have to change that in the paragraph tab in every document. I mean, if I was editing a book, maybe, but then I would be using In-Design. Why make me go to a forum and then have to find some file and change it there? and then do I have to rinse and repeat with application updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree it's an awkward process, but once you do it, it's done. As long as you let the CC app import settings with each update, you shouldn't have to do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines