• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing internal file name when using "SAVE AS"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly new to illustrator.  Much of the work I do is based off work I've already done.  When I choose "SAVE AS" to create a .pdf, and give the file a new name, the name shown in File Info does not change.  I need it to match the new name I gave the file.  Is there a setting I'm missing?  Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's File Info?, do you mean "Info" palette and then Document Info?

You're definitely using Save As, and not Save a Copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under the File tab, File Info, Document Title.  Definatly using Save As, assign new name. Even though the Save As has renamed the file and does not overwrite the original, The Document Title shows the old name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate that anymore, but I used to see that behaviour.

I used a script for Bridge to add the filename to the title.

See: https://www.controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/filename2title.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to check into this. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close the file and reopen, the new name should then be passed on to file info. Otherwise it may reside there from what was in RAM..

Open the pdf in acrobat and change therein File>> :Properties >> Title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesnt happen all the time. Close and reopen doesnt change anything.  I have to go back into the file info and change the document title to match the file name and save it again.  I have to create an .ai and a .pdf.  changing the pdf in acrobat would only change the .pdf  I think. What I end up doing is saving the .ai, then opeing it back up to change the document title, saving it as an .ai again and than saving as a .pdf.  When I have to get things done in a hurry its crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines