• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Side Scroll Direction Illustrator Only

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click command+mouse scroll the direction sideways is opposite of any other adobe program. Illustrator scrolls left while photoshop and in design scroll right. This has been a real issue when using them interchangably. A universal direction change will not fix the issue as it will just make the other programs flip as well. I have tried flipping universally and it didn't work. 

I'm working on a mac. 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I would request if you can share a few more details and try the steps below:

1. The exact version of Illustrator and macOS.
  2. If you have the 2020 version of Illustrator, would you mind resetting the preferences for Illustrator and see if that makes the difference. To reset the preference please follow the steps below:

• Close Illustrator.
  • Click on the Finder icon on the dock, choose Go on the top> Go To Folder.
  • In the Go To Folder dialog box, type "~/Library". Click Go.
  • Open the Preferences Folder > rename the Illustrator  24 Settings folder to Illustrator  24 Settings folder.old
  • Under Preferences, Open Adobe folder and rename Adobe Illustrator folder to Adobe Illustrator.old
  • Go back to library->open caches->rename  com.adobe.illustrator to com.adobe.illustrator.old
  • Go back to library->open application support-> open adobe->rename the Illustrator  24 folder to Illustrator  24 folder.old

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh, 

I'm not seeing the settings file you are referring to. Can you give me the exact path once you go into the app folder? 

I'm running AdobeACE 2.20.02 in Illustrator and Catalina on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't go into the app folder but rather from Finder repeat the list given. You need to get to your user library folder which is hidden on never versions of the OS like the one you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Larry is absolutely corrct. Please click on the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences for your reference.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I re-named both files and the scroll still moves in the opposite direction as the other programs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the issue to the problem with no solutions. On a mac laptop using 2020 adobe software and a PC mouse, Illustrator scrolls sideways inverted to the rest of the programs. This has been tested and repeated using different pc mouses, different mac laptops of different versions, and on mohavi and Catalina. All result in the same issue. This does not happen with a mac mouse on the same computers with the same software. The only solution to horizontal scrolling is a universal fix on the mac, and it only flips the issue on the programs. Please fix. I’d like a confirmation response from Adobe to let me know you are aware and tryring to resolve this issue. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem for many years. I've had this problem on 3 different Macbook Pros, using different Adobe accounts, using all different versions of Illustrator over the years. Some were brand new laptops with a brand new Adobe account and had the problem immediately. This never used to be a problem and I'm not sure what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this thread after having the same issue. Illistrator 2020, MacBook Pro, OS 12.1. Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines