Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clipping path

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I have an autograph, that I need to change to another colour for print.

But as you can see in the screenshot (it is the silver autograph that I need to change to green) - the autograph is in 1000 seperate clipping paths - and those clipping paths are also in different clipping groups.

Is there an easy way to release all the clipping groups/paths, so that the autograph is back to 1 whole path that I then in 1 step can change to another colour?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

What you need are the clipping paths and what's inside the mask needs to go, right?

I would first copy that signature to a new file. Then select all and release the clipping paths. The masks are now (most probably) easy to find: they are all no fill, no stroke. Select one of them and Select > Same > Fill & Stroke.

I would then first cut them from the new file, delete everything else and then paste in again.

Then in the Pathfinder panel click on Unite.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

One thing to try: Open one of the clip groups in the layers pallet, and select its contents. Then under go to Select > Same > Fill Color. 

If all of the sections use the same gradient, you should be able to then choose the green color in Swatches, and have all of the sections change without having to release any masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quick way to release clipping masks would be to select all the paths and release them (object>clipping masks>release or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+7). But I doubt it will acheive what you want to do (it will show the whole shapes, not clipped.
One good way would be to select the shapes and try the path finder

Imaginerie_0-1679389534328.png

with the "intersect" option, and see what it does. Depending on how your shapes are built, it can work, or you'd have to do it section by section. All the end you can "merge" everything .

You could also select everything again and use the "shape builder tool"

Imaginerie_1-1679389669684.png

drag the mouse across the shapes you want to keep, and drag across with alt held down to eliminate all unwanted shapes.
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/creating-shapes-shape-builder-tool.html

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultc,

It looks like a very easy job in Photoshop, starting with Brightness/Contrast, then recolouring.

But it also looks like a possible legal/authenticity issue, including this: what would (the descendant(s)/successor(s) if any, of) C Wagner/any other relevant parties say to it (that of CE (/) Eriksen presumably unchanged)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no legal issue, as the autographs are from company owners 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need are the clipping paths and what's inside the mask needs to go, right?

I would first copy that signature to a new file. Then select all and release the clipping paths. The masks are now (most probably) easy to find: they are all no fill, no stroke. Select one of them and Select > Same > Fill & Stroke.

I would then first cut them from the new file, delete everything else and then paste in again.

Then in the Pathfinder panel click on Unite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultc,

On second thought, I would suggest your leaving the signature unchanged, and if you must, you can add a page with a black background behind the C Wagner and a note.

Apart from any legality/authenticity considerations, I find it much better and livelier with the actual signatures as they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Trace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to try: Open one of the clip groups in the layers pallet, and select its contents. Then under go to Select > Same > Fill Color. 

If all of the sections use the same gradient, you should be able to then choose the green color in Swatches, and have all of the sections change without having to release any masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines