Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMJN, RVB et PDF : j'en deviens fou

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai lu tous les tutoriels et les forums et je me décide à poster ne comprenant pas d'où viens l'erreur.

Je souhaite réaliser un joli sticker bleu à imprimer chez un imprimeur (en quadri CMJN).

J'ai bien conscience des différences entre RVB et CMJN c'est pour cela que j'ai travaillé uniquement en CMJN. à partir de là, j'ai 2 problèmes :

1 - mon docuement PDF (où j'ai bien précisé cmjn en sortie) a un bleu beaucoup plus sombre

2 - ce n'est pas un problème en soit, mais quand j'essai de vérifer le bleu que j'utilise HEX : 212C42, Illustrator me sort un code CMJN (100,81,45,51), alors que sur tous les convertisseurs en ligne le bon CMJN devrait être : 50,33,0,74

Avez-vous des explication et solutions ? Je n'en dors plus.

J'ai un macOS Big SUR v11.3 / Apple M1-2021

Un grand merci pour votre aide.

Manu

TOPICS
Bug , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

How are your Color Settings setup?

If you are working in a CMYK document, don't use HEX colors, they are another way of specifying RGB values and get converted to CMYK in a CMYK document.

Don't use Apple Preview to check your files, use Acrobat.

The online converters don't use color management and always give the wrong conversion from RGB (HEX) to CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are your Color Settings setup?

If you are working in a CMYK document, don't use HEX colors, they are another way of specifying RGB values and get converted to CMYK in a CMYK document.

Don't use Apple Preview to check your files, use Acrobat.

The online converters don't use color management and always give the wrong conversion from RGB (HEX) to CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton for your answer.

Allright for the value HEX to CMYK !

I took screen shots of my color setting. My document is in CMYK. And I force the PDF exprot in CMYK to be sure.

Do you see what can be wrong ?

Thank you a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it look in Acrobat with synchronized color settings? You don't include profiles in the PDF so Preview does not know which CMYK you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks good with acrobat ! Thank you. Do you recommend including profiles in the PDF ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends, when the PDF is placed in another app which uses a different profile, some color conversion might take place, which is not so much a problem with images, but vector elements with 100% black would be converted to a mix of CMYK percentages. When there is no profile the existing values are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines