• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMYK values changing

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've recently reinstalled illustrator/indesign/photoshop to the latest cloud versions. My document mode is CMYK. All my apps are synchronised via Bridge. Yet colours are changing to decimals and going dull as if the document is working in RGB. Can anybody provide any insite on this? Is it a bug? I've tried resetting my preferences and also reverting to older versions of applications but to no avail. Screenshots attached to show my settings. Thanks in advance. 

Amy

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 13.14.46.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 13.15.46.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 13.15.38.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 13.15.17.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you perhaps describe some steps that would lead to the change in numbers? Does this happen when you open a document or when applying certain operations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its immediate. So it happens on old documents and also if I create a brand new document and for example create a coloured square, click off it and click back on it and its changed in the way that it does if the colour you chose isn't available for print. 100% cyan etc immediately all shows much darker than they should be, it will look right in the colour picker window, then you press ok it goes darker. It's as if its operating in RGB despite all my settings saying CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your color settings do not suggest this and also you already reset the preferences. So this is where it gets strange.

Do you have the softproof turned on in the View menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't no. I'm starting to wonder if its a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to this, i've worked out it will only change colours to decimals if the colour was originally created using the colour picker. If the colour was created using the CMYK colour sliders within the colour window, the colours don't change to decimals. However I am still left with a massively reduced colour range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Colour Picker, are you picking a colour by typing in values at the bottom right? or by clicking in the spectrum gradient at left. If the latter, the spectrum is actually RGB space no matter what, so even though you are seeing whole integer numbers in the CMYK boxes, they are still actually RGB>CMYK converted numbers and will show higher preciosion (i.e. decimal) numbers in the Colour panel.

fyi: the decimal precision in the Colour panel was added in CC2019, so if your older files are from before that, that may account for the difference you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains the decimals, but that does not explain colors becoming duller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but that does not explain colors becoming duller."

Yah. Especially since he's in CMYK mode anyway.. you don't normally get much duller than that! 🙂

What hasn't been mentioned so far is what their Soft Proof Setup settings are. e.g. if that's set for the same profile as their Colour Settings as it should, but if not, that could definitely effect the appearance on screen.

Also, is there a different profile ASSIGNED to the document than the Colour Settings.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is it? If not the latest, please install that in addition to your current version (don't delete the current version) and then try if that helps.

And which system? Some experimental beta macOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest versions of illustrator/indesign and am running macOS Monterey version 12.6.2. I tried reverting illustrator/indesign a few versions back but it did not make a difference.

Ah ok that makes sense for the decimals, i've recently had a new computer with all new software etc so maybe i'm just only noticing the decimals now because of this - thanks Brad thats helpful to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @amyk94761914,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try to recalibrate your Display for sRGB, restart your computer, and then relaunch Illustrator to check if it helps. Also, check if updating macOS to Ventura 13.1 / 13.2 helps resolve the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly share a screen recording of the Display / Color settings used and the problem you're having with Illustrator so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your settings look fine, good you turned the warnings turned on. These will warn you when a conversion could take place.

I suppose you don't get those. I suggest that you contact Adobe support if you can show the problem happening.

They can have a look into your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines