• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Changing Automatically?

Participant ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that I created using the color #202249. I saved my project, and now when I went back and checked the colors, it went to #1f2249. They are close enough, but why would colors change automatically? I tried to change it to #202249 and use the Paint Bucket, but there is a slash through it and I can't seem to change the colors. Any thoughts on why that would be happening? Thanks1 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

well, it's a long story 🙂
I hope this article can help:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color.html
You can find there all that you need to know about color modes, using colors for screen and for printing, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What Color Mode does your document have? Colors change automatically if the Document color mode and Color panel mode are different. Check it and set Document Color mode as RGB (File > Document Color MOde > RGB).

2. Do you mean Live Paint Bucket? There is no other Paint Bucket in Illustrator, the simple Color Bucket is a Photoshop tool. If you already have the filled objects, you don't need to use Live paint Bucket, just select the object and choose or set the needed fill color. Make sure that the fill is active (the solid square is on top in the top-left part of the Color or Swatches panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...it was set to CMYK. I'm new to Illustrator so I don't understand some of these settings. Out of curiosity, why do selected colors change? What is the difference between using RGB and CMYK? 

And thank you- I didn't have the object selected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it's a long story 🙂
I hope this article can help:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color.html
You can find there all that you need to know about color modes, using colors for screen and for printing, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create something in RGB then my client needs to print, how do you convert that to CMYK or do you?

And, how do you choose a specifix hex code if you know it? I am just getting a color picker in some cases. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

check the link above and fill free to ask if you will need any more help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines