• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Palette - Sherwin Williams

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported the ASE file from Sherwin Williams but unable to color match existing artwork color to the Sherwin William color swatches. For an example, I have a blue color and I want to match that blue color with a Sherwin Williams color...i.e. SW 6811 Blue. In Corel, the eyedropper tool will show the color in the Color Docker when doing color sample. Is there such things in Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to replace your colors with those swatches?

Try and use Edit > Edit colors > Recolor artwork

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color-groups-harmonies.html#edit_colors_recolor_artwork_di...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika -

Here is a detail example

Ai Color is a navy blue with 100, 82, 30, 21

SW closest match is SW 6811 Honorable Blue

In Corel, I just use the eye drop tool, click on a color, and my color docker windows show that color in SW color, then I can select fill to fill if i want. I need something similar to that in Illustrator. I hope this makes more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recolor artwork can do that.

The SW swatches need to saved as a color library first. How to use and create swatches in Illustrator

Then select all and open "Recolor artwork".

Select the swatches library from this button: Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-07 um 19.49.36.png

Then select the library from the menu:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-07 um 19.49.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That way worked well. I still want to be able to eyedrop a CMYK color and it shows my color palette color instead. Working with SW color is very crucial for me 90% of the time. Is there any other way? And thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can keep the color panel open (Window > Color).

From the panel menu choose "Show options" and then it displays the color values.

Panel menu is here:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-07 um 20.44.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines