• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color (theme) swatches from CC library to Illustrator not working

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i create a color groep with 5 colors and add this to CC libraries in a client folder, i cannot import the swatches into another file. This is very strange because this is why CC libraries was created for, right? What is wrong?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot click and drag a colour theme from a CC Library but you can right-click and choose Add theme to swatches, or Add colour to swatches for individual swatches. 

thejanebradbury_0-1680634100948.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply @thejanebradbury. I always right-click but this is my problem, when i try to add the theme or color this way it is not working. I get an empty folder in my swachpanel. In InDesign this is working fine, in Illustrator not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of colors are in this group? Spot colors, global colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ton Frederiks, Global colors, but i tried the same with spot colors and get the same result. It used to work fine, but i think there is a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global colors, gradients, brushes and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries.

But as a workaround you can drag an object using a brush/pattern/gradient/global color to the CC Library 

You can also drag multiple items using different brushes/patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The patterns/gradients/global colors automatically get added to your swatches panel.

You can hit escape before you click to place the object(s) or delete the dragged library items because the swatches and brushes are now part of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround! Don't you think it is strange that i can add the swatches(theme) to my indesign file and not to my illustrator file? Adobe should be able to repair/fix this, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't start me talking, I have tried to bring this under the attention of Adobe engineers for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the solution you want, but a work around.

I rarely need to share colors but when I do, I just place the file, then delete it. I know, not what you want, the CC lib should work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx for your reply. For now this is the only way....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @VietAnhPR,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, the error message received, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3FvRRxm), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anubhav Majumder  Problems with colors and CC libraries have been reported since 2017.

See: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/31943515-global...

An example of a green global color added to a library and double clicked in the library in a new document becomes a magenta like color:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/634e9281-5c1b-4fc9-4a1b-f7aeaffffb2c

More examples:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/assets/238147915/CC%20LIB%20COLORS%20PROBLEMS.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anubhav Majumder ,

I repeated the problem mention by @LindaFazili  in the first post.

Created a color group with named global colors and added the group to a CC library.

In a new document I added the library group to the swatches (Add Theme to Swatches).

Result a single magenta like swatch and an empty folder.

Clicking the swatches in the library to add them to a selected rectangle adds more of these magenta swatches that are named Spot Color, but they are Global Process Colors.

Repeatable in any recent version of Illustrator.

Hope you can get that to the attention of the development team. Consistent color is very important (and I did not even mention that these library colors are not color managed).

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/35e8e93d-35d2-4e4a-6980-c9af4eb0f7b9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 
have I understood it correctly that it's just possible to add a color group to your cc library and share it to your other documents as long as it's not global colors? 

if you're trying this with global colors you end up with empty color folders in the swatch panel and/or spot colors? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, global colors in a color group don't work.

If you want to use global colors, you need to add one or more objects filled with these global colors to the library and Alt drag them into new documents to add them to swatches (see my post above to LindaFazili).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to use and share the colors in my cc library between different document so in my case I guess the "workaround " is to uncheck global for each color and then add them to the library. Then it should work to get  them into my swatches panel. 
It's a pity though because when working on a brand or something else with colors I usually get adjust the colors as I go. Before actually committing to a color palette. I guess it's only commuted colors that go into the library then šŸ˜Š

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful, colors added to a CC library are not color managed, they are just numbers without a profile.

Colors applied to an object (which can be global colors) are color managed when the object is added to the CC library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good to know! So i can create an object with all the branded colors, bring it to cc libraries and import the object in a new document and choose 'recolor illustration' and save the swatchgroup there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create multiple objects, but they will not become a Group when dragged into a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. It is maddening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mattq,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, exact details of your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/49OD3H8), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The problem, as Iā€™ve understood it, is that if you add a global color to your cc library you canā€™t add in to your swatches when youā€™re in a new illustrator document. It works fine for colors that arenā€™t global colors

Hope it helps

Leila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Leila50B9,

Thanks for sharing the details. At this time, Libraries do not support Global Colors. I understand that this functionality is important to you, and I apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind creating a UserVoice for this feature request (https://adobe.ly/3w4bJH0) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this request, and you will be notified of any updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines