• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining a stock photo with text to make a logo

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to make a logo using a stock photo and text. When I add the image (using png) I can't get the text to butt up right next to the image to make a consistent flow in the name. When I use the image as an AI image, the text will butt up against it, but the image is grainy when I enlarged it. How do I do this? And then I need to take the whole thing and make one image and not quite sure how to do that. I have been googling this for days using different terminology and no luck. Thanks in advance for the help, Penne

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Select the fish hook, click the arrow in the Layers panel.

Object menu > Ungroup

Select the outer path and delete it.

Now you are left with the fish hook group only.

I would advise to follow some tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Check out the Layers panel whether there are just these objects or more. If those are the only ones, just select all, Edit > Copy. Then go to your logo workfile and Edit > Place.

Maybe take a look at my Vector Clipart Missing Manual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NQyO2Tsjw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots of your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the AI image

Chelmarsie3_0-1675191912924.png

and now it did work when I used the png (it is up against the text now), but the bottom of the "S" image is flat and wasn't like that in the original photo

Chelmarsie3_1-1675191995302.png

do you know how I can make that rounded like it is supposed to be and not flat? thanks, Penne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh also, how would I combine all of this together to make one logo so I can use it on social media and to print cards, banners, etc. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the logo and then you place the logo in Word and that doesn't work?

Is it an option to create the whole thing (inluding text) in Illustrator?

As for the file formats: with Word it depends on the exact version and system, what works and what doesn't. Also: some methods only work for certain printers.

So coulds you please describe what exactly you're doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. I am not good at showing and explaining this. I bought this image from adobe.stock (the S in shape of two hooks) that I want to use for the first letter of the logo.

Chelmarsie3_0-1675204427555.png

then I want to create the text "ammy's Baits" next to the "S" to create the logo "Sammy's Baits". WHen I do this, either when I place the "S" and then go to do the text, it is too far apart from the "S", or when I did figure out how to get it closer (can't remember how I did it) the bottom of the "S" is flattened out and I am not sure why

Chelmarsie3_1-1675204582850.png

I am trying to creat this logo then lock it all together to make one image so I can use this for a logo on FB, Insta, and also business cards, banners, etc. I haven't worked with AI for years and even then it wasn't much (I used to use PS a lot more) but I was told to use AI instead for this. I hope I am making more sense now that I took the screenshots from the right place (and not from when I pasted them into Word from AI).l Thanks, Penne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't place this image into your file. Instead open the file and then copy and paste.

Can you take screenshots with layers panel open and contents of layers visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am not sure what you mean by open the file and then copy and paste. When I go in and double click to open it, it opens up in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just do it all in Illy.

"the image is grainy when I enlarged it" - where did get get it from? you say "stock" photo, but that doesn't necessarily mean you downloaded the high resolution version.

"how I can make that rounded like it is supposed to be and not flat?" - I don't know what you mean.

"take the whole thing and make one image" - save as pdf, any decent printer can use it. I don't do web but save as svg, export to jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks. I got the image from stock.adobe.com. When I placed the "S" the bottom of it was flat, not round like it should be. Thanks for the other info about taking it and saving as one image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give the name/number of the stock item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is all it shows me. I don't know where the number would be.

Chelmarsie3_0-1675206834755.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the number is AdobeStock_416883248

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is not a stock photo or image, but lucky for you a vector file.

Depending where you downloaded it, if it is somewhere in a folder on your computer, open it in Illustrator, ungroup it a couple of times until you got only the vector elements and start working with those.

If you have downloaded it into a library, Alt-drag it into a file and repeat the ungrouping proces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by that. I opened it in AI and it only let me ungroup it twice. But what does that do? It didn't allow me to do anything with it. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So maybe you downloaded the preview image. I suggest to go back to stock and make sure to download the vector version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit the "re-download for free"

Chelmarsie3_0-1675211577241.png

and it saves it as this

Chelmarsie3_1-1675211641979.png

there isn't any other way to save it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what it says I saved it as

Chelmarsie3_0-1675212372891.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you are OK, just open it in Illustrator and get rid of the object you don't need (look at the layers panel.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but not sure what to do now

Chelmarsie3_0-1675216212232.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the fish hook, click the arrow in the Layers panel.

Object menu > Ungroup

Select the outer path and delete it.

Now you are left with the fish hook group only.

I would advise to follow some tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton. I will try this and look at videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the Layers panel whether there are just these objects or more. If those are the only ones, just select all, Edit > Copy. Then go to your logo workfile and Edit > Place.

Maybe take a look at my Vector Clipart Missing Manual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NQyO2Tsjw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika. I will try this and look at the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select All, Ungroup, repeat until the "S" is a separate item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines