• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

combining shapes of different colors

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel dumb asking this but I can't find any solution and it's driving me a little crazy, how do I make all the shapes that make the bus ONE shape ? 

thank you and sorry for the noob question 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want them to be different colors, they must be different shapes.

If, however, you want just an outline of the bus shape using only one shape/color, select all the shapes that make up the bus, then open the "Pathfinder" panel and click "Unite". that will condense all the shapes into one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer

Thanks for your quick answer !
Unfortunately I need them to be one shape since it's for animation purposes,  it's just way too time consuming to select each shape and animate it's path rather than animating the whole bus as a shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps i misunderstood the assignment? Are you talking about "grouping" the shapes so that you can manipulate all of them at the same time??

Select the bus shapes and hit "cmd/ctrl + g" or go to the "Object" menu and select "Group".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont worry we were talking about the same thing, thanks again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like grouping them should do what you want.. That will give your animation software one "object" to manipulate.. It should be as though it's one shape, but still retains the visual appearance of multiple different size/color shapes. Does this not work for your process??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines