• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compound path - How to invert?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I know how to use the compound path to an extent but whenever I use it, the middle of the a is solid and the rest of the a is transparent. Is there a way to flip it?

I got info from here: Solved: How do I remove the center of the a? - Adobe Support Community - 12462285

default6inuqzo2o0d6_0-1634835961076.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

default6,

Maybe too silly, but what happens if you release the Compound Path (so you have the two separate paths, the inner one on top in the stacking order), then select both paths and use Minus front (Pathfinder)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the stacking, the item being punched out needs to be on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stacking order is crucial for a Clipping Mask, but shouldn't matter for a Compound Path.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the two items are the same color, sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rear-most path determines the color of the compound; otherwise, there should be no difference. Am I missing something?

tromboniator_0-1634939382105.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything you could be missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me starting out, it was easier to understand if I had the smaller, punch out item, on top, and also the color you want to keep below. If I ever get to be a pro, I guess I won't think it matters...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might matter if you have more than two items and you're using the non-zero winding fill rule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you inadvertently select Clipping Mask > Make instead of Compound Path > Make? or press ⌘/Ctrl + 7 instead of ⌘/Ctrl + 8?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release it and then examine it. I suspect there are double paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines