• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contextual Menu Not Open Next to Selected Object or text, Mac Monterey 12.0.1, IL CC version 26.01

Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I right click to open contextual menu it will not open next to the selected object or text (screenshots attached)

Mac Monterey 12.0.1, IL CC Middle Eastern version 26.01.

Thank you

Shlomit

ObjectObjectTextText

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would suggest your try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

1. Close all Adobe applications and go to the following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe. Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old and launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would suggest your try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

1. Close all Adobe applications and go to the following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe. Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old and launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  2. Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  3. If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

4. If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anshul,

Thank you for you answer. The only thing that helped was to use the Cleaner tool. I guess I should have trashed my preferences before putting this post to begin with.

By the way, you didn't wrote in the steps weaterh I should have quit Illustrator before each step, but I did it anyway. I thingk it's importand to write it.

It is working fine now.

all the best,

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track @Shlomit Heymann & thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines