• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert text to shape problem

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i will get a error message, as seen on the picture. I it just a normal text layer. I have tryed with different fonts. Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 17.22.07.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Type > Create Outlines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, creatre outlines direct from the type will not work. But thats the action i want to acheive though by creating it to shape first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share Ai file via any cloud? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Carol,

Convert to Shape has nothing to do with converting type to paths. It is about generating "Live Shapes" (see Help files) from common paths and only applies to paths that were, or could have been, created with certain specific Illustrator drawing tools.

I suspect that Ton's suggestion is the direction you want to go.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  i want to convert my text in to a shape so i can modify it in certain "shapelike" ways. To outline it directly will not work, since it need to be a shape first. I have done it this way, a lot of times before.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by modify it in certain "shapelike" ways ? And what makes that different from type converted to outlines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example do extend the "fot" of the letter F. It would be great if i could just create outlines from the type (and skip the convert part), but it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You keep saying, I think, that you can't convert to outlines. That's the problem to solve. What exactly happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes,  i want to convert my text in to a shape so i can modify it in certain "shapelike" ways.

By @carol grandpierre

You cannot convert text to a shape. That's not how that function works. So what is the "Shapelike" that you want to do?

And why does Type > Create outlines not work? Just forget Object > Shape > Convert to shape (it's not what you need or can do in this case)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines