• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a transparent line back to solid

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 40% white transparent white line over a black box. After working with the doc it for a while, I wanted to change it to a solid hex color (333333) versus a transparency. However, Illustrator is now telling me that I have a 100% white line, even though the 40% white is displaying in the toolbox. I can change it to another color, but the color always displays at 40%, but shows as 100% in the toolbox? Adjusting the transparency doesn't do anything.

This has happened with other docs in the past. Somewhere in the process of working with a document, transparent lines/boxes become seemingly uneditable?

Per the attached image, the line "should" be displaying 100% white but is not???

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This transparency can be applied to the object, or to just the stroke of the object or to the layer the object is on.

Check Window > Appearance to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika. I checked that (I may be checking the wrong place?) and everything still shows as 100% white (no transparency) but displays as 40% transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Appearance panel, not Transparency. Transparency only shows your selection; in Appearance you can see if there are appearances on other hierarchy groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's how the Appearance panel work: https://youtu.be/zXvRbN03MzQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines