• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy and paste object to different layer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some trick to copying and pasting an object to a different layer? It normally takes me like 3-5 times before it finally works. I copy the object, then select the layer where I want it pasted, paste in place, but oftentimes it ends up on the same layer from which I copied it. Thanks for any suggestions!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you definitely using Paste in Place (Shift+Ctrl+V) and not Paste in Front (Ctrl+F) or something else?

I don't have any issue pasting to different layers with the former unless 'Paste Remembers Layers' is ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm what Doug mentioned, it will work (using either Paste in Place or Paste in Front/Back) as you desire IF Paste Remembers layer is unchecked.

In my case, I'm more intereseted in keeping that setting checked as I tend to copy whole chunks of art from one document to another, and I want to keep the layers, so I just do the alernative routine which is do the Paste in Place/Front then immediately move the pasted object to the desired later in the layers panel while it's still highlighted.

Tomayto Tomahtoh

It would be nice if there was a key mod to change the behaviour on a case by case basis, but we're not there yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when you copy. move to the second layer and past or pased in place it does not matter, sometimes i have this issue, i have to hide the layer i copied from, stop on second layer, annd past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines