• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Past object to new document doesn't copy/paste color swatch

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with another employee's computer. They have downloaded the files I need them to work on. I'm having them copy and paste an object with specific color swatches from one file and paste them to a template print sheet file. The swatches show up in the file when opened, but will not copy/paste over to the template file (or any new document for that matter).

The other employee is using a Windows-based PC while I'm using a Mac so I'm not sure if that could be the issue. I've tried installing the Mimaki Rasterlink cutlines plugin, re-downloading the files, and making sure they are using the same version of Illustrator that I'm using. I even loaded the swatches into their Illustrator which added the correct swatches, but when I select the colors on the object that was copied over it's not the same swatches that are in the swatch panel.  It works fine on my end, but not on their computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , How-to , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a sample Illustrator file and tell the object(s) in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I can't at the moment. The objects are just colored vector shapes, outlined text, and then cut contour lines using the Mimaki RasterLink plugin. I'm currently double-checking that their color settings are set the same as mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - first time ever. Some swatches carry across and some dont. Very annoying.

I have not changed the way I work for 20 years and just now this probelm comes up.

Selecting a named swatch, copy and pasting into new document doesnt keep the colour name. 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they global swatches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying the new pasted swatches are not being added, or the new swatches are not replacing/updating the existing swatches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines