• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/paste live text in the same or another artboard turn into to path for some, not all of them?

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

(Adobe Illustrator 24.2.1) Today I found a strange issue, I select the Type tool and create a type area and insert some characters. After that select, the live text by the Select tool and paste it to the same artboard or another artboard, but some live text objects, paste exactly like the original ones and remain the live text, while some live text in the second clone turns into the path, not live text! I tried with both RTL and LTR directions for both Latin and Persian languages and the issue happens for both.
I can't understand why this happens for some live text objects and not for the rest. I haven't seen this before in Adobe Illustrator, Does this bug?

Masoud

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

I doubted a few small programs, then exit a few ones and try again with AI; until discovered a clipboard manager caused this issue. It's "Comfort Clipboard Pro". Put the AI in its exclude list to be disabled while I open and work with AI, now copy/paste operation works well like before. Unsure about other clipboard managers, if they behave like this and generate this issue for AI or not? but it's not a serious thing, exclude option is useful for this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this can be a bug try to update your illustrator otherwise wait for the next update or check on 2021 maybe it not happens there...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubted a few small programs, then exit a few ones and try again with AI; until discovered a clipboard manager caused this issue. It's "Comfort Clipboard Pro". Put the AI in its exclude list to be disabled while I open and work with AI, now copy/paste operation works well like before. Unsure about other clipboard managers, if they behave like this and generate this issue for AI or not? but it's not a serious thing, exclude option is useful for this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines