• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying and pasting from Illustrator shrinks objects

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do objects built in Illustrator shrink to 1/10 the size when copied and pasted into either Photoshop or InDesign? I have the document and raster resolutions set to high, but if I build something at 10"x10" in Illustrator, that same object pastes into photoshop at 1" and both pastes and places into InDesign at 1".

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Have found answer in this conversation about file dimensions and pixels and all good now … thanks :o)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/from-photoshop-to-illustrator-image-becomes-smaller/td-p/11242296

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that your artboard is a large canvas artboard, which does some tricks with scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the correct answer. I didn't realize AI was creating a different size pasteboard. Do you know why that would affect the size of a vector shape being pasted into either Photoshop or Indesign? Given that all the other settings remain the same, if I open an AI file with a single artboard at 10"x10", it copies into ID and PS at the correct scale. If I open an AI file with several 10x10 artboards, it appears in both ID and PS at 1/10th the scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Make sure resize images during place in unchecked.

MikeGondek_0-1619469721737.png

Can we see a screenshot, is there empty area bounding box larger than the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same issue when I copy from Photoshop to Illustrator. The art boards and resolution are exactly same but the item being copied shrinks to 1/10th original size. This didn't happen before moving to Ventura and would love to resolve or find workaround :o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check whether your file is a large Canvas file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>This didn't happen before moving to Ventura

It always worked that way.

If you don't need an artboard bigger than 227" x 227" then you should be able to paste without scaling.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/large-sized-canvas-troubleshooting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have found answer in this conversation about file dimensions and pixels and all good now … thanks :o)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/from-photoshop-to-illustrator-image-becomes-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines