Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corner widget not visible on every corner

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

although the interactive corner feature is really useful, unfortunately i cannot use it anymore. My problem is, that i can't see the corner-widget for all corners anymore. "Not anymore" because everthing worked fine and probably i made some changes in the settings or changed my workflow, and now i can't figure out where the issue is.

So you can see in the screenshot, that for some corners the widget is visible, for some not.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 19.01.32.png

I already tried to play with the settings for corner-widget and also tried to convert the object into shape - nothing worked.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 18.46.33.png

What is also interesting: sometimes when i try to convert an object into shapes i just get a message "object was not converted".

The issue mainly appears on objects wich i converted before (object -> path -> outline stroke). Objects which are created out of the rectangle tool, show all corner widgets.

This one is created via pen tool -> object -> path -> outline stroke:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 18.58.21.png

This one is created via rectangle tool:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 18.58.15.png

So, does anyone have an idea where my issue is?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Thanks very much for the screenshots, they are so very helpful and wish posters would do that more often. Adobe disables corner widgets when the item is too small of which your view at 400% suggests is the issue.

WhatsApp+Image+2018-08-15+at+12.07.56.jpg

Move towards max

pastedImage_0.png

and as likely already mentioned you should see view >> hide corner widget. If not choose on view >> show corner widget to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

I've had this issue for years and could never find a working solution. The scaling "trick" seems to fix it every time now, I cannot believe it was that simple. Thank you so much for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

I commonly have this problem too. For me, what has usually worked is:
1. there are two points on the corner (when I have outlined a path, this commonly happens.) I just delete the extra point and the live corner will show up (sometimes, there are multiple points all on top of each other, make sure you delete them all!)
2. The object is too small, so I just scale up and make my corners how I like them then size back down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

I was encountering a super strange situation that i wanted to document here for anyone that is struggling (been several hours of digging to figure this out.)  I scaled a set of paths that all had corner anchor points (and corner widgets), and this got rid of the corner widgets.

i reverted to an old version of the document with corner widgets available, then scaled via direct selection tool - this confirmed to remove corner widget on anchor points (and converted each single original corner to tw

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

i have had the same issue with my version CC 2022.  go to View >> Show edges.  this should solve the problem. did for me. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool is active when you don't see the widgets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce what is happening and I saw that when I draw a single shape such as a square that the widgets show up no matter what selection tool I used. However, when either drawing or combining two or more shapes to create a more complex shape—such as the one you showed at the beginning of your post—that getting all of the widgets to show is a bit trickier. If I selected using the Regular Selection Tool (Black Arrow) the widgets do not show. But if, while the object is still selected, I click on the Direct Selection Tool in the toolbar or type the letter "A" that all of the widgets do show up. I also noticed that if I click on the outer edge of the object with the Direct Selection tool that the widgets don't show up but if I click inside the object they do. I tend to think that this is the way that the program is written. Just make sure to click inside with the Direct Selection Tool and, hopefully, that's all it will take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using the hollow arrow tool, when you are having difficulty

For outlined strokes, try switching to the hollow arrow tool and  select only one shape. and you should be able to get to them.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.30.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.31.00 PM.png

I was able to recreate.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.23.10 PM.png

by pulling handles out of a point so that the top right point is no longer a corner point. Which can be fixed by using he corner point tool or clicking here.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.22.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of your answers are correct, but my problem still wasnn't solved..
But good news, i finally figured out where my problem is: the objects are too small.
As you can see in the screenshot, if i scale the object a tiny little bit (difference is something like 0.5px), all widgets are visible.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-25 um 12.48.47.png

So if anyone else has such a problem with widgets, just check all answers here, one of them will probably solve it.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for years and could never find a working solution. The scaling "trick" seems to fix it every time now, I cannot believe it was that simple. Thank you so much for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOUUUUU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem and its not solvedWhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 12.07.56.jpeg

this is my option

no corner widget.. onlly if i made a shape and didnt distort it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the screenshots, they are so very helpful and wish posters would do that more often. Adobe disables corner widgets when the item is too small of which your view at 400% suggests is the issue.

WhatsApp+Image+2018-08-15+at+12.07.56.jpg

Move towards max

pastedImage_0.png

and as likely already mentioned you should see view >> hide corner widget. If not choose on view >> show corner widget to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, none of these work arounds did the trick for me. I've had this issue since the widgets were born. Love them, but don't work everytime. I will say, the problem mostly occurs when I create the angle manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALSO SOLVED! Thank you for sharing this itsy-bitsy information. I even don't know how it happened but these little pains are the hardest to solve. Saved my nerves.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to view ...click show edged and your widgets for the corner will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one solved the issue for me! Have been scratching my head over this for years now!
Thanks a lot@christines23152332 for the way out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to be my solution. My corner widgets do work 99% of the time. 

I must have hit cmd + H by accident which turned off the edges at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @christines23152332 🙌🏻 I only started experimenting this issue with the CC 2022 version so it was driving me crazy that none of the other solutions were helping me but YOURS DID! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was my issue, i love u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commonly have this problem too. For me, what has usually worked is:
1. there are two points on the corner (when I have outlined a path, this commonly happens.) I just delete the extra point and the live corner will show up (sometimes, there are multiple points all on top of each other, make sure you delete them all!)
2. The object is too small, so I just scale up and make my corners how I like them then size back down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @lindseyf15356646 ! I was able to resolved my issues by following your steps. It worked! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the solutions that helped.  Thank you.  I tried all the others and these are the only two that seamed to work.

= 100 %

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same trouble with an object I made using the shape builder tool. If you add an anchor point directly next to the point that doesn't have a widget and delete the widgetless point your new point should have the corner widget. Then you can just move the new point back to the correct position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that you can't scale an image AFTER you've adjusted the corners without losing the bottom widgets (on a rectangle). Scale the image first, then scale the corners and the widgets will stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will solve your problem. cornerwidget.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines