• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating file size for Vistaprint?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time Vistaprint has downloadable templates and I have never had any issues with using one and uploading my design.

However, when I need to create the file size myself (for instance, a custom pen, I enter into AI the exact file size vista print says 3.09" x 1.09" ) and once I am done with my design I save as PNG and upload to Vistaprint. BUT when after it uploads, it is so huge that it doesn't fit and cuts off the design on the edges. How do I get the files sizes to match up? (1st pic is the entire design and 2nd pic is how it appears on Vistaprint)

pen2.png

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Thank you. I submitted the AI file and that worked great!

And to answer your last question.....yes, I can resize and move the image around after uploading however what I see in the preview is what I get. Resizing and moving around only shows what I  see. The rest of my design that was "hanging off " does not show up..if that makes sense. But anyhow, I will be uploading the AI file from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you upload a PNG anyway?

Make it a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting your AI file to PNG you have to keep an eye on the Pixels/Image Resolutions… That's why the file looks (double?) as big as you wanted it…

Good luck.

Joely

@toughmedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typical of the problems encountered when using the online "design" interface at Vistaprint and other such DIY output providers. They specify PNG because it's the format their online preview supports, but because it's a raster format and subject to resolution, you are blind as to how many pixels it would take to preview properly and produce a good result when printed, if that's even possible at the size you'd need for a writing implement. While I have seen some of these interfaces (Zazzle, etc.), I have no experience with Vistaprint's. Are you sure there is no way to reduce the size of your uploaded graphic after it is shown in the preview? In Zazzle's you can select it in the preview, then resize and position as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree.    I'm not a fan of those providers, because you don't have as much control over the final product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, to satisfy my curiosity, I had a look at Vistaprint's online design interface (put a graphic on a pen, much like you're doing), and you could and should be uploading your vector graphic in Illustrator format, or a PDF saved in Illustrator. Those formats are supported. There is no reason to rasterize.

Furthermore, you can indeed resize and move your graphic in the design preview after it is uploaded and placed. You are of the impression you can't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I submitted the AI file and that worked great!

And to answer your last question.....yes, I can resize and move the image around after uploading however what I see in the preview is what I get. Resizing and moving around only shows what I  see. The rest of my design that was "hanging off " does not show up..if that makes sense. But anyhow, I will be uploading the AI file from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines