• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating label with variable data in illustrator (having different fonts and sizes in same text box)

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a artboard based on the specified dimention and create a label based on variable data which is in csv file format. With the default data loading could help to populate data for each label. But the challenge is there is 3 word/characters in single text box which are having different font and size, which I need to ammend manually. 

If you all are having any suggestions to optimize creating such labels , please give your proactive inputs. 

Image of the label and sample data file attached here with. 

Can someone help me to develop an illustrator based script to overcome above issue. 

label_edited

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one possible approach: TextSync plugin 

I don't know of a way scripts can read a text object's XML_ID so you would have to first create the Illustrator document and export the text. If your script modifies this file or creates a new one in a matching format, you should be able to import it. Using AppleScript, you should be able to script SystemEvents to select menu items and automate that part of it, too. I'd expect JavaScript can do that, too, but really have no experience in JS for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you break the csv file into 12 columns instead of 4? that should take care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour Iranart!

Je peux faire un script à votre convenance, me contacter par mail.

J'ai réalisé un script rapide qui donne le résultat suivant: (j'ai donné des paramètres choisis au hasard, size, font, couleur...)

Le script procède en deux étapes, on crée un texte standard que l'on modifie en utilisant le point puce comme séparateur.

Pour la ligne N°1

Annotation 2021-04-03 221949.png

Ce résultat est il dans l'esprit de votre attente?

René

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1g7411o7CL      You can take a look at my plug-in   

time axis about 07:55

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines