Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curved Text Help

Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the most efficient way to curve text justifed to the right and jagged on the left.

Attached is photo showing what I am trying to achieve. It's the yext with the Warning info.

Regards,

David

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Dave,

Presuming you wish to make the text in (the same way as in) the sample, which seems to be made as path Type, as already mentioned by Monika, you can proceed as follows:

If you have the curved lines and their direction is from left to right, you can just:

1) Click the right alignment in the Paragraph panel;

2) Then for each line but the last, Select  the line, then Click the line with the type on a path tool, then Type the line of text which will grow to the left from the right end;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing the pdf file I sent. How do I edit my post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the ellipis (...) below your document and choose the option to edit. Even when you reply you should be able to see the image icon to attach your file or the link icon to upload your file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is path text, right?

It doesn't work with path text. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/add-text-work-with-type-objects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Editing can be done by clicking the More button at the bottom of your post, then click Edit Message/Reply.

Owing to misuse of editing capability, this is only available at a certain level of participation, I am unsure which.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing is only active when you already have a certain amount of posts (don't know the exact number)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No image, but either align left or align right works fine for me when using text wrap.

How are you doing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I was able to send a JPEG of the file to better explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said Curved Text left side slanted and the right side flush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Presuming you wish to make the text in (the same way as in) the sample, which seems to be made as path Type, as already mentioned by Monika, you can proceed as follows:

If you have the curved lines and their direction is from left to right, you can just:

1) Click the right alignment in the Paragraph panel;

2) Then for each line but the last, Select  the line, then Click the line with the type on a path tool, then Type the line of text which will grow to the left from the right end;

3) Click the left alignment in the Paragraph panel;

4) Select  the last line, then Click the line with the type on a path tool where you wish the text to start, then Type the line of text which will grow from there to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

The text that I am using is curved using the Illustrator Effects/Warp/Arc. 

Thanks everyone for the help. Attached is what I have achieved. I will try other ways that is suggested by others and see it it works out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines