• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete lines by clicking on them

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often import CAD images...which include tons of extra lines that I'd like to delete.

I'd like to have a way to automagically delete each item as I click on it (as I select the object, it gets deleted). I remember the old autocad days when I could just pick objects and they would be removed. Looking for something similar in AI.

Otherwise, I have to go 'click-delete-click-delete' about a thousand times. Using the eraser and shift key are not really what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Keep holding down the Delete key and click with the Selection tool on the line segments, works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI CC, 64-bit, 2017.0.2 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a bunch of lines. Then you can take the Shape Builder tool and Alt click on the lines or Alt drag across several lines to delete the unwanted paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep holding down the Delete key and click with the Selection tool on the line segments, works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 'Ton Frederiks', that solution is pretty simple and seems to work. I just need to find a small rock or something to hold down the delete key for me...then it will be perfect for what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Michael, while I was giving the answer I was exactly thinking about that, a clamp or clip 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these years and never knew about this convenience, Ton. Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines