• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct selection tool not working on compound paths

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator 2023 I am not able anymore to select one (or a few) anchorpoints of a compound shape when I make the compound path with . When I select an anchorpoint, it seems like a random number of other anchorpoints are selected as well, making it impossible to change a shape. When I release the compound shape, the direct selection tool works again.

However, when I make a compound shape using the shape builder tool, the direct selection tool works fine as usual.

Is anyone else having this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Hi Monika, sorry for the confusion about compound paths and compound shapes. My problem was with the selection of anchor points in compound paths.

I have restarted my computer and reset the preferences.

I checked in Adobe Illustrator 2022 (with the same plugins installed). There it worked fine.

Ultimately I took a closer look at my plugins and it turned out that when I uninstalled the LTTR.INK plugin it worked as it should. So problem solved. I'll contact the developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me. Restart computer, reset preferences (after prefs backup) may help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shape builder tool will only make a compound path when you subtract a path which is completely enclosed in another path.

The shapebuilder tool does not create compound shapes. The difference: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-compound-path-shape.html

As for your "selection" problem. You have to look closely. Selected points look different than unselected ones. Your video was so blurred that I couldn't tell if the anchor was selected or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, sorry for the confusion about compound paths and compound shapes. My problem was with the selection of anchor points in compound paths.

I have restarted my computer and reset the preferences.

I checked in Adobe Illustrator 2022 (with the same plugins installed). There it worked fine.

Ultimately I took a closer look at my plugins and it turned out that when I uninstalled the LTTR.INK plugin it worked as it should. So problem solved. I'll contact the developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THank you for the feedback, which will certainly help others (including me). LTTR.ink is still in beta, so let's hope for bugfixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines