• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distort & Transform tools only work on strokes not fills on CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the distort & transform (e.g. roughen, zig zag) tools on Illustrator for years without a single issue. I recently upgraded to CC 2017, and suddenly all the distort tools only work if the object has a stroke. It does nothing if it only has a fill. What gives? It never worked that way before, and I can't seem to do anything to fix it.

broken_zigzag_tool.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.36.15 PM.png

Are you applying your Zig Zag (or other Effect) to your Fill in the Appearance panel?

The Appearance panel allows you to apply an Effect to just the Fill by clicking on the Fill listing in the panel and then applying the Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using the 2017 Release on Windows. I've tried applying the Zig Zag effect to a circle with no stroke through the Effect menu and via the Appearance panel, but I can't replicate the issue you're seeing. Can you provide the steps you took?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines