• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropshadow issues exporting to PNG

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's happening in Illustrator (CC22) here -- I have my text set with a drop shadow in Illustrator, but when I export to PNG, it looks like it's putting the shadow on top of the letters. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Screenshot 2021-11-03 124605.png

Screenshot 2021-11-03 124623.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Do you want PNG for a transparent background?  Make sure the yellow text is set to knockout and is on top layer.  You might copy the file and flatten the copy, then Export.  Before you try that, make sure the shadow is set to Multiply and on the bottom.  If you cannot get it to work, recreate the artwork using Photoshop ( if you can ).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want PNG for a transparent background?  Make sure the yellow text is set to knockout and is on top layer.  You might copy the file and flatten the copy, then Export.  Before you try that, make sure the shadow is set to Multiply and on the bottom.  If you cannot get it to work, recreate the artwork using Photoshop ( if you can ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Knocking out the layer did the trick, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines