• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dxfdwgfileformat.aip missing error in Illustrator v25

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start Illustrator and I get this error. 

Error loading plugins

Dxfdwgfileformat.aip

I am in version 25. Didnt change anything, just poped up one day. It makes me use dafe mode in Illustrator. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. Please Help. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Hi! dont know if this error has been fix, dont know the solution for Mac users but this solved my problem...

Fix common plugin issues with any of these solutions:
  • Update external plugins to their latest version and relaunch Illustrator. 
    If the problem persists, use the next solution. 
  • Repair Visual C++ DLL (Windows) 
    1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    2. Right-click Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (2012-2017) and choose Repair.

Restart your computer and open Illustrator.

https:/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Hi @momentumf83809497 @nedor61974754 @stevej53986854,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. This is not the experience we want you to have. This generally happens when updates don't install correctly, or preferences get corrupted. On Windows machines, this could also happen due to corruption in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or the required version is not installed.

To resolve this, please try the following the steps:

1. For M1-based Macs':

- Run Illustrator in Rosetta mode.
or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Sorry to reply this late. Problem has been solved just by reinstalling Windows 10 LTSC from Microsoft. It seems something missing. Maybe some crucial component from the system. Company use Ghost to install Windows. It causes this issue. In the end, thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Hi All @lizzzzz2013 @maffk @greensusie51,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would like to inform you that we updated RealDWG from the 2022 version to RealDWG 2023 to fix an issue. RealDWG 2023 is only supported for macOS 10.15 or later, so now you have the following options to resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer.

2. Upgrade Illustrator to recent version 26.3.1

3. Install an older version, i.e., v25.4.5.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met this problem since my conpany use win10 ltsc. In my own PC, nothing happened. This is really odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

derekxu_0-1633384693926.png

I have the same issue, and see this safe mode message as well.  When I go to the plug in folder, the plugin is there and installed. Even reinstalling Illustrator did not fix it either.

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.02.23 PM.png

What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Deleted and installed older versions of Illustrator, and still does show the option for DXF and DWG export options. And yes, the DxfDwgFileFormat.aip plug-in IS installed. Is there a way to get JUST the older version of  the DxfDwgFileFormat.aip that worked, and manually replace my current DxfDwgFileFormat.aip with the older one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to avoid this situation. Not a solution really. I tried to reinstall my work computer with Win10 ltsc(from official) and problem solved. I don't know why, maybe it just some files missing. FYI, our company using this gold master to install this PC is sh1t. No doubt.

Again thx for your replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that won't work for me or the original poster, as we use Macs.

Can someone from Adobe please address this? this seems to be a common issue - see this other post https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/error-loading-plugins-dxfdwg-file-format-aip/...

It says that it is 'solved' but I believe the problem there is not addressed, as the linked 'solution' involves a problem starting when someone was writing/editing their own plugins and thus messing around with XCode, etc. However, my problem, and the problem with other users, is that this error started appearing for no reason at all, with no messing around with plugins whatsoever. All we did was update or continue to use Illustrator as we had before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! dont know if this error has been fix, dont know the solution for Mac users but this solved my problem...

Fix common plugin issues with any of these solutions:
  • Update external plugins to their latest version and relaunch Illustrator. 
    If the problem persists, use the next solution. 
  • Repair Visual C++ DLL (Windows) 
    1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    2. Right-click Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (2012-2017) and choose Repair.

Restart your computer and open Illustrator.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html?trackingid=TG8SLGS2&mv=in-product&mv2=ai

hope this works for you all 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you update DxfDwgFileFormat.aip? I don't what it is or where it comes from or where to go to update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updated to the latest version 25.4.6.0 on my Mac

i have this problen now too: DxfDwgFileFormat.aip dont load at startup.

The problem is exporting to DXF is my daily work 😕

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue and cannot use Illustrator now. I have done nothing, it just popped up just like the original post. I have sincerely had enough of Illustrator not working. We pay so much money for Creative Cloud, never are we allowed to only use the programs we need as designers for a cheaper rate, but one of the main programs we need never works! I swear I only get one good day from illustrator out of months. ADOBE IT IS TIME TO FIX ILLUSTRATOR FOR GOOD!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @momentumf83809497 @nedor61974754 @stevej53986854,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. This is not the experience we want you to have. This generally happens when updates don't install correctly, or preferences get corrupted. On Windows machines, this could also happen due to corruption in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or the required version is not installed.

To resolve this, please try the following the steps:

1. For M1-based Macs':

- Run Illustrator in Rosetta mode.
or

Run the Intel version of Illustrator from Adobe Creative Cloud

Anshul_Saini_0-1653593469140.png

2. Try the steps suggested in this HelpX article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html

Let us know how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your responses.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So whats the solution for intel macs please - we dont all have new macs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too use a Mac and am having the same issue, although I am trying to open SVG files that were saved from Illustrator (with Illustrator editing capability option turned on) just a month or so ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on an intel mac - SAME ISSUE with version 25.4.6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All @lizzzzz2013 @maffk @greensusie51,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would like to inform you that we updated RealDWG from the 2022 version to RealDWG 2023 to fix an issue. RealDWG 2023 is only supported for macOS 10.15 or later, so now you have the following options to resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer.

2. Upgrade Illustrator to recent version 26.3.1

3. Install an older version, i.e., v25.4.5.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling 25.4.6 and installing 25.3.1 seemed to fix the problem. My colleague had the same issue using 25.4.1, so there didn't seem much point installing any version of 25.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, my colleague did NOT have the same issues using 25.4.1, so I will try installing that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that, @maffk. Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or run into any other issues in the future.

We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue and I'm on version 28.1 for Mac. I can't imagine the only solution, at this point, is to go back several versions to 24.1..... is it? I've been switching to safe mode to get around the issue for ages, but I'd really like a proper solution if there is one. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @carolea71318985,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with Illustrator v28.1 on your Mac. Would you mind sharing more info to better understand the problem and explore potential solutions?

• Have you experienced the same issue with the previous version, Illustrator v27.9, or any other versions?
  • Have you tried performing a clean installation of Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool? It can help ensure a fresh installation without any conflicts.
  • Please share the screenshot of the exact error message you receive regarding the "Dxfdwgfileformat.aip" missing issue.
  • Additionally, sharing your Mac system specifications, such as the macOS version and hardware details, would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

These details will assist in identifying the root cause and finding an appropriate solution. Thank you, and I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to reply this late. Problem has been solved just by reinstalling Windows 10 LTSC from Microsoft. It seems something missing. Maybe some crucial component from the system. Company use Ghost to install Windows. It causes this issue. In the end, thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines