• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Symbols disappearing when scaled to a certain size

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for work, we have documents that have the same design repeated 3/4 times at various sizes so to make workflow easier, we tend to use symbols to repeat designs. On certain designs however, when the symbol is scaled down, the artwork within vanishes. The symbol bounding box is still there but no visible art. I can double click into the symbol and get to the full size art to edit but upon exiting its gone. 

Not sure what the issue is. Making the symbols static does fix the issue but causes more headaches for other parts of the business. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ColinTurner95,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, a public link to a sample file after uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc., and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/46OWmQo), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a bug in Illustrator since dinosaurs roamed the earth, they will never fix it because they can never understand the issue, but I digress.
Making a symbol static does solve the issue however you have a dynamic symbol for a reason. 
My workaround is to rotate the symbol in the transform panel by the smallest increment possible, I do 0.01° and your symbol should magically reappear. It's not without its problems as you don't really want to rotate your work, but the increment is so small no one will notice.
I hope this helps you out, let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Profee,

can you share a sample Illustrator file with at least one of the dynamic symbols in question?

Just asking because so far I cannot reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines