so you can see in print what time the file is updating
second best is one that just updates even when loading the file

TOPICS
Print and publish , Scripting , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Her yo can find a script to do that

http://fashionclassroom.com/blog/illustrator-script-to-add-a-date-and-time-to-your-file

However, for the more automated and unattended way I have used for very long years, a plugin called Tag72a which works so well, just save your file, and its done, not too expensive.

Here you can find it 

https://rj-graffix.com/product/tag72a-plugin/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to manage event-triggered action, you need to make a plugin and CEP extensions.
However, It is possible to create a script that saves or prints after creating a time stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but how do you do
know well that you have to make a script but where then and it is not already there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Her yo can find a script to do that

http://fashionclassroom.com/blog/illustrator-script-to-add-a-date-and-time-to-your-file

However, for the more automated and unattended way I have used for very long years, a plugin called Tag72a which works so well, just save your file, and its done, not too expensive.

Here you can find it 

https://rj-graffix.com/product/tag72a-plugin/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a script to change the date formatting from Mon-Day-Year to MM/DD/YY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var date1 = "Mon-Day-Year";
var temp = date1.split("-");
date2 = temp[1] + "/" + temp[0] + "/" + temp[2];
alert(date2);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so I saved the file as "Tag72a_doc_changed.jsx" and put it into my scripts folder (/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2023/Presets.localized/en_US/Scripts) and checked the box for "Run Userscripts" and restarted illustrator. When I open illustrator a prompt shows up that says "Day/Mon/Year" pops up but it doesn't reformat the date when I save or manually run the script. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above snippet is just a way to reformat the date.  It was intended to be used with whatever script, if any, is being used to add a date.  Are you using a script to add a date? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the plugin Tag72a (https://rj-graffix.com/product/tag72a-plugin/) linked above which features the ability to automatically modify the outputs using a script. So i currently have the settings to output the date in the Mon-Day-Year format and want a script to change it to MM/DD/YY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you buy the Tag72a plugin?

If so, you can go to Window/Tag72a preferences and set the date and time as you want, I recomend you to read the documentation about how to use the plugin, can you upload screenshots of what are you trying to do?

preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already purchased the plugin and thoroughly read through the documentation. In the documentation, it states that in order to change the date format to any other date format than the two options in the plugin, one must run a "custom script". I know how to install and run scripts in Illustrator. I understand to get the script to work with the plugin, it must be saved with one of the titles in the documentation. I am only trying to get a script that will reformat the date from Mon-Day-Year to MM/DD/YY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh  now I understand...

I think you can contact the author of the script by email, and ask him how to do what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that someone experienced with scripting would be able to whip something up before asking the author. I know femkeblanco almost got me there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

May be you want to try this free script from Wolfgang Reszel

http://illustrator.hilfdirselbst.ch/dokuwiki/en/skripte/javascript/wr-dateandtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@drew28262019rsom  Unfortunately, as it stands, I am unable to help.  I also suggest contacting the author of the plugin.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the fashionclassroom are no more accesible. need to find other alternative. or maybe someone can extract the content from there? appreciate your help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines