Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emulate Adobe® Illustrator® 6.0 bug in version 25.2.1

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Updated to the latest version 25.2.1 (on a Mac with Catalina) and something weird started to happen: everytime I switch between apps - Photoshop and Illustrator, for example - the color settings in Illustrator change to "Emulate Adobe® Illustrator® 6.0" without asking and with no reason I can think of, also I never used this setting before and this didn't happen with the previous versions, so I'm gessing it's a bug. I've tried to save the custom settings I normally use, but it still changes back to Emulate if I switch to another app and then return to Ai. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to fix this? It's getting annoying really fast. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is working on this issue. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illustrator-v25-2-1-color-profile-keeps-changing-t) & stay tuned for the updates.

Additionally, please try this workaround & let us know if it helps:

1. Lower Photoshop from 22.3 to 22.2.
2. Specify any color setting in Illustrator.

If you do the above
Even if you operat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also happens to me since the update of last March 10th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please try choosing the color setting with Adobe Bridge, which synchronizes it with all Adobe apps.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have already done it and it continues to happen the same (it does not synchronize), it is an error since the update of the program to version 25.2.1, since in the version before updating that did not happen.

Regards

Tenllado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Also it shouldn't be necessary to synchronize all apps, what if you only work in Ai? In this version, if you create a new document and don't switch between apps, it is created in the "Emulate Adobe® Illustrator® 6.0" profile by default and it wasn't in the previous version. So it's something new to this one. Anything I try to change turns out to be pointless since it goes back to that profile with any new document created or if you switch between apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, that's what is happening, it is not a user protocol problem, if not this latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT HELP!!!

The same problem persists in both InDesign and Illustrator when switching from Photoshop to either application. It even happens when neither of the applications is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I discovered that this was also an issue in 2018 when searching for answers to this versions's bug. Back then I never had that problem and I went through all the versions. The solution provided then was updating the apps, but it was the recent update that brought the bug. I was hoping someone had a workaround before we get a new update with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is working on this issue. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...) & stay tuned for the updates.

Additionally, please try this workaround & let us know if it helps:

1. Lower Photoshop from 22.3 to 22.2.
2. Specify any color setting in Illustrator.

If you do the above
Even if you operate Photoshop while Illustrator is running, it will not emulate the settings by itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh, 

Voted. I'd also voted for another post with the same issue a few days ago.

As for the workaround, it seems to work on both Illustrator and InDesign. I didn't mention it before but InDesign 16.1 was always on "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off" setting by default since the last update, and it wasn't before.

I have the 3 programs running simultaneously, switching between apps, and the colors are not changing back to Emulate. Also, after closing and reopening the apps, when a new document is created it is no longer on Emulate setting as well.

Thank you for the workaround but please fix this bug soon. Any idea on why Photoshop 22.3 is doing this to Ai an Id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thanks so much. My hope is that the problem won't reappear when I decide to update Photoshop one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround seems to solve the problem for me, too. So, this is a bug in Photoshop that is somehow effecting Illustrator and InDesign? Can't wait for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem persists in both InDesign and Illustrator when switching from Photoshop to either application. It even happens when neither of the applications is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the other answers, go back to the previous version of Photoshop and after that set your Color Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to Photoshop 22.2.0 solved the problem for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !
Thanks for this post, I'm experiencing this issue too...
And I did'nt understood what was the problem before reading your post ! I updated all my apps just yesterday and the problems happened directly after. I knew it is the same problem when I read your post because when I was looking for the color settings in Illustrator it was "Emulate Adobe® Illustrator® 6.0".
Need help... All my files are fluorescents...
You will see on my file, on the left the normal colors and on the right the colors since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

Try to lower Photoshop 22.3 to 22.2, as suggested above, it worked for me.

Not ideal, but worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer Waserone !

I did lower Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign. When I opened Illustrator again, it was still on the "Emulate Adobe® Illustrator® 6.0" color setting... Weird. But I changed the settings by myself, we will see if it changes back or not. It will be okay for the today, but yes as you said it's not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem 🙂

I only lowered Photoshop as Adobe employee Ashutosh_Mishra suggested. First time I oppened Illustrator after that it was still on Emulate, but then I changed it to Custom, closed the app, open again, switched between apps and the color didn't change back, so it worked. Hope it works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to Photoshop 22.2.0 solved the problem for now.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines