• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've updated to  version 24.12 of CC Illustrator and am receiving a plugin error message (pictured below) when I launch the app. When I click OK and enter the app, my tool menu is missing. If someone can assist me in addressing this issue it would be appreciate. Thanks!

SarahWoren1980_0-1590090304027.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi All,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050)

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 147 Replies 147
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall the program with sufficient user permissions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i already did this 3 times !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you download from? Is this a free version or a 7 day free trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the creativ cloud, as usual, that's why i don't understand, it's not a crack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brunoa52527580  schrieb

From the creativ cloud, as usual,

So you already had CC installed? What we don't understand is the mention of "free".

Is this the trial version?

Did you have an Illustrator trial before?

You might need to uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; Sorry i'm french so my english is pretty bad.

yes it's a trial version , look at this :

Illustrator is installed :

Where is the Adobe Cleaner Tool ? Thanks for all of your answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this for the Cleaner tool:

Utilisez l’outil Creative Cloud Cleaner pour résoudre les problèmes d’installation

Did you turn off virus protection when installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

after upgrade from 23.1 to 24.0.2 I've lost my plugin for Summa Cutter.

Does any one know where to find a new plugin.

i have been on Summa support but it seems that they only supports macOS and i'm running Windows

10 pro.

It's a big issue becaurse I need to create OPUS reg. marks on my design before printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest would be to reinstall AI 23 and do your marks there, then transfer to the new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long live the youtube channel, today I found the solution, and for others with the same problem if your running windows on your pc.
Every time there is a update in Ai and you lose the Summa plugin, you have to download and install the plugin again.
summa.eu/downloads/vinylcutter/
the plugin hide itself in Summa Cutter Tools
enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message

Missing required Plugins 
ExpandS

ShapeConstruction Suite

What shall I do? How do I solve it?

Keeping my fingers crossed someone will know the answear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have these plugins worked before? What operating system are you on? Have you perhaps recently upgraded to an operating system which does not support CS3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill!

Thank you for your quick reply!

I guess the plugins have worked before, I have never even noticed them! And I have never reinstalled Cs3 myself before.

I am on Windows 10 and I havnt upgraded my system, I just suddenly got an error message and then had to reinstall Cs3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 is constantly updating itself and as a result unsupported versions of Illustrator (like CS3) can stop running correctly (if at all) when the latest update runs. As per Jacob's suggestion to reinstall you should know that CS3 is not part of Creative Cloud and if you are reinstalling with discs it is possible that you could run into problems since the activation server for CS3 has been shut down. Your best bet if you want to continue using CS3 would be to somehow roll your operating system back to pre Windows 10. As Windows 10 continues to update the chances of keeping such an old version running is more and more remote. Alternatively, I would suggest getting a subscription to Creative Cloud and updating to the latest version of Illustrator (CC 2018). It is the only version that will continue to be updated to keep pace with Windows 10 and its never-ending updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lovisa,

If applicable, see the first post by Bill, you may try a full reinstallation:

A) Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences),

B) Run the Cleaner Tool, and

C) Reinstall.

To uninstall:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?loc=en_us&term=uninstall&cat=support&produc t=illustrator&self=1

Cleaner Tool:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick answear Jacob!

I will reinstall Cs3 first thing in the morning and hope that both Illustrator will work and that I will get my dear Indsign back agan. For some unknown reason to me I got some totally new programs now (that I dont feel I need!) and are instead missing Indesign

All the best for now!

Lovisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lovisa,

I am afraid you are caught up in the Windows updating tornado, which probably whirls on by itself without your doing anything.

I am unsure whether it is possible to downdate to something workable.

But if you somehow get a chance, as Bill says you will be unable to use DVDs.

Here is the explanation and way:

Activation servers for CS3 and Acrobat 8 have been retired.

Now you need a replacement serial number and installer to reinstall without activation:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs3-product-downloads.html

https://landing.adobe.com/en/na/products/creative-cloud/ctir-2113-exchange-serial-number-cs3-4.html#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I need help with , I got this error and I can not solve it, I did all kinds of advice given on YouTube etc and it did not work. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210519-013730_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-013719_Video Player.jpg

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try manually moving it out of that folder, and then start Illustrator.

some others had this issue, but not resolved

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/32271853-artsty...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by Mike, I'd recommend following the instructions given on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you still get issues, you may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove the existing app installation & reinstall once done. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats why I do not update anything.

As far as I remember - this should solve problem:

- Hold CTRL key and doubleclick on AIllustrator icon.

- This should reset prefs to default and load all plugins.

I hope this helps. All best 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines